“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” -1 Timothy 4:12
This two-year program is designed to prepare High School students to have a deeper faith, and a greater heart for service for Jesus and His Church. The first summer focuses on fundementals of the faith, and the second summer focuses on applying those fundementals.
- Motivate and lead a diverse group using biblical principles.
- Know multiple leadership styles and when to use them.
- Face unforeseen challenges with biblical truths.
- Resolve conflicts with others.
- Develop a team focused on a mission.
- Plan, organize and implement a project.
- Manage their time effectively.
- Mentor new believers.
- Share their faith with others.
- Maintain daily spiritual discipline.
- Discern truth and find biblical answers to difficult questions.
- LIVE and LEAD for CHRIST
Expand your leadership skills
- Learn from camp and community leaders. Christian speakers from various backgrounds, vocations and ministries will teach and show what Christian leadership looks like.
- Work with a team to create, lead and evaluate multiple camp activities
- Practice practical leadership skills like conflict resolution, communication, collaboration techniques, and how to develop a team.
- Develop a spiritual routine including prayer, Bible study and memorization.
- Learn foundational biblical truths and how to apply them to daily life.
- Answer big questions using scripture and learn to defend your answers
Express your faith in Christ
- Share your faith by designing and implementing Bible studies for younger campers.
- Practice servant-based leadership and discipleship through community service projects.
- Graduate the program with a plan of action for a project that they will implement and lead in their community, school, workplace, or church.
Dates: June 19-July 31st, 2020
Eligibility & Application Process
- The Leadership Intern Program is open to high school students ages 16 or older and have demonstrated leadership potential and are in good standing both at school and at church.
- An application should be submitted as early as possible as space is limited to 6 males and 6 females. A complete information package will be mailed upon acceptance into the program.
For more information call or e-mail Lakeside at 413-447-8930 or email@example.com